McIntosh launches its biggest ever Integrated Amplifier — Introducing the 300-watt MA9000
McIntosh launches its biggest ever integrated amplifier — introducing the 300-watt MA9000
Built-in upgradable DAC offers five digital inputs for media devices, turntables can connect, too
Binghamton, NY, USA – July 6, 2017: McIntosh, the global leader in prestigious home entertainment and ultimate-quality audio for over 65 years, has launched the MA9000 integrated amplifier, its biggest ever integrated in both size and power.
McIntosh’s has launched its biggest ever integrated amplifier, the new MA9000. Offering a gigantic range of inputs, including five digital connections for media devices, plus phono inputs for turntables, the powerhouse amplifier has been designed to last a lifetime.
The MA9000 has a high-performance built-in DAC, DA1 Digital Audio Module, featuring USB, two coax, two optical and 1 MCT input. The DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep the MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed.
Its ten analogue connections comprise two balanced and six unbalanced inputs, plus Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs, both of which feature adjustable loading for fine tuning vinyl playback. All unbalanced analogue connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal-handling and grounding.
The DA1 utilizes a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. High-resolution DSD256 and DXD 384kHz files are supported via the USB input, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
The MA9000 features the new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ made from high-quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They are so efficient at dissipating heat, that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in the listening session. They also have a higher quality finish thanks to a new manufacturing process.
New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the
latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilised to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible. At 300 watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers and McIntosh’s renowned Autoformer technology guarantees speakers will always receive that full 300 watts regardless of impedance. Other McIntosh technologies in the new MA9000:
• Power Guard® — monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh-sounding distortion and clipping that could damage the speakers
• Sentry Monitor™ — fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
• Home Theater PassThru — allows for seamless integration into a home theatre system
• High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) —brings an added dimension to headphone listening
• Discrete, eight-band tone control — allows for advanced manual analogue adjustment of favourite recordings
• Power Control — sends power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power-up and shutdown
• Patented Solid Cinch™ — speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent to the speakers
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminium end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.Pricing and availability
McIntosh is accepting orders for the MA9000 with shipping expected to begin (in the US) in July. $10,500 (UK pricing to follow)
McIntosh Labs website
UK Distributor website