The iGalvanic3.0 is the first device to offer full galvanic isolation on USB3.0 and USB2.0 with double Regeneration. Running on a proprietary system, it is purpose- built to enhance the performance of high-quality computer-based audio systems.
Most advanced USB technology.
The iGalvanic3.0 is the first audiophile-grade galvanic isolation device with full USB3.0 compatibility (others are limited to USB2.0). The iGalvanic3.0 boasts:
• Advanced USB2.0 and USB3.0 galvanic isolation of the USB signal with 5GHz Super- Speed (beyond DSD512/768k)
• REgenerate2/REclock2/REbalance2 USB signal & power
• Zero Delay® - advanced isolation technology, without any added processing or timing
uncertainties, delays etc.
• Groundlink for None/One/Multiple Grounds (Earths) which cause hum/buzz
• Stealth Converter, ultra-low noise 0.5uV power supply
These features are unmatched by any other device and shed light on why the iGalavnic3.0 really is the most technologically advanced galvanic isolation product for computer audio. Benefits
• Breaks ground loops
• Avoids noise-coupling in applications that require hi- speed USB transfers
• Dramatically improves sonic performance
• Configurable for different grounding schemes
The iGalvanic3.0 launch was delayed because we could not get our hands on one atypical but integral component - a High-Frequency Power ‘HFP’ Transformer. Our German supplier could not produce them with the tolerances required and we could not find another transformer that met our exacting standards.
So, not to be beaten, we decided to make them ourselves! And what a process! Machine winding is impossible. The winding must be hand wound to a special configuration. With the whole transformer measuring only a tiny 10mm, this was no easy task.
However, the iFi team were undaunted and determined to produce a transformer that would work at the frequencies required for the Stealth Converter technology in the iGalvanic3.0.
And finally, the AMR High-Frequency Power Transformer was born.
• Operating at high frequencies, it offers the best capacitance- to-noise ratio. Being 10x smaller, it filters 10x better.
• Its noise floor is second-to-none; negligible compared to regular-sized counterpart.
A true labor of love but totally worthwhile! The iFi iGalvanic3.0 is available from September. RRP is £349 inc. VAT
Select Audio - iFi UK Distributor