NEWS: LUXMAN will soon be releasing a new flagship AB class integrated amplifier L-509X. Featuring the performance of separate amplifiers in a single unit, this is truly our ideal goal, to have functionality as well as quality.
We have poured all the experience and technology gained from years of developing amplifiers into this model L-509X. For audiophiles who are looking for a high quality, multifunctional, but simple system, L-509X is what they are looking for. Moreover, L-509X expressive power offers quality relaxing time as well as touches the deep core of your heart so that you can sink into the world of music so deeply.
The latest ODNF version 4.0 provides a fast initial slew rate and wide bandwidth with lower distortion. With our 88-step LECUA 1000 attenuator system, sound deterioration is minimised and smooth, accurate volume control is achieved. The power supply unit is equipped with independent left and right channel large capacity blocking capacitors, equivalent to those in the M-700u power amplifier and, essential to the energy source for audio equipment, the power supply circuit has a robust configuration. For the pre-amp section, a discretly configured buffer circuit, equivalent to that of our C-900u pre-amp, is installed, improving driving power while maintaining the clarity of the signal.
Regarding the exterior, we have chosen a symmetrical design, centred around a pair of traditional analog level meters. The top panel, with its distinctive ventilation, similar to our flagship power amp, the M-900u, also displays bold functionality. Large aluminium knobs source selector and volume control, are capped with gleaming hairline finish and blasted white barrels. These combine with the blasted white front panel, matching perfectly as a whole, drawing a beautiful shining contrast upon this high quality exterior.
The design of the L-509X covers all the possible interior and exterior improvements and promises to impress many audio fans, crossing the boundaries of integrated units and separates. Electrical Circuitry
• ODNF Ver4.0 compatible 3-stage Darlington circuit, 4 parallel push-pull configuration class AB operation, 120W per channel(8Ω) rated output with greatly improved distortion characteristics in the high frequency range.
• A higly stable power supply that combines an EI type 600 VA highly regulated power transformer and large independeblock independent left & right channel blocking capacitors totaling 80,000μF(10,000μF×8).
• A discrete buffer circuit equivalent to that of our high-end C-900u control amplifier is located in the output stage of the pre-amp, improving driving power for the power amp section,
• The 88-step LECUA 1000 attenuator system achieves smooth and accurate volume control while minimizing sound deterioration.
• Peel coat printed circuit boards are used, just like our top end models, eliminating dielectric effects and reducing resistance.
• The installation of large, low impedance speaker relays support high drivability for directly connected speakers and the damping factor has benn greatly improved to 370.
• Our “Bee Line”construction ensures that audio signals take the optimum shortest route from input to speaker output.
• The internal wiring features original OFC cabling (Spirally wraped shielding and non-plated core wire) for natural signal transmission.
• Circuit board wiring adheres to our non-angled pattern design for smooth current and delicate audio signal transmission.
• We have employed custom designed compnents including capacitors and resistors suitable for high-end products.
• Equipped with a built-in phono equalizer compatible with MM & MC cartridges for high quality vinyl playback.
• Electronically controlled Bass/Treble tone controls and Left/Right balance adjustment control using the LECUA volume shift function on the front panel.
• Equipped with a volume-linked loudness function that matches human hearing characteristics (ON/OFF only on remote control).
• Pre/Main separation function that enables integration into bi-amp configuration with added power amp or a home theatre system.
Mechanical & structural features
• Highly responsive needle type analog meters with new white LED illumination.
• A loopless chassis structure with independent construction reduces ground impedance generated by chassis current.
• Left and right speaker terminals (A & B lines) are configured in-line with identical characteristics, for banana plugs and Y-connectors allowing
for easy connection using thick speaker cables.
• Cast iron chassis feet with vibration reducing density gradient.
• The unit features a convenient headphone connection.
• The top panel has the same hairline finish as our top end power amp M-900.
• The unit comes with high-class aluminum finished remote control which can also control compatible CD players.
• The high quality copper alloy terminals, adopted for the Line1 input, combine the conductivity of copper with hardness of brass, are inherited from our top-of the range models.
Price and Availability
The Luxman L-509X integrated amplifier is available in the UK from January 2018 at an RRP of £8,500 inc. VATLUXMAN website